The .edu.ng is a restricted SLD and can only be registered by Government Approved education institutions in Nigeria. It is a recommended domain extension for any academic institute like Colleges & Universities in Nigeria.
For registering .edu.ng domain you need to send us the following documents as these documents are required by NiRA for the verification purposes. Once verified, your domain will be automatically activated.
- Copy of Registered or Incorporated document of your Institution under the relevant laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Copy of Accreditation document under relevant authorities like Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC), National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), NCCE and any other body as recognized by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Letter from the head of the institution with your Institution's contact details.
Once your all above documents are completed, you can place order for .edu.ng domain registration
- Search and Order the Domain:
Search and place an order for the domain that you want to register.
- Make the payment:
Enter the required information and proceed to payment.
- Forward the required documents for .edu.ng domain:
After payment has been made, you are required to send to us the above listed documents to complete the registration of your domain.
In addition to the documents listed above, you need to send the "Letter from the head of the institution" in a good format.
The above documents will then be sent to NiRA (Nigeria Internet Registration Association) the .NG domains Registry for approval.
After they have verified your documents, your domain will be activated and you can then start using it. Generally it takes 1 Week or less for the documents to be verified and domain to be activated.